Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Siri…ousliy…resolved

Well, one of my Siri experiences improved today. For the life of me, I couldn’t get Siri to remind me to pick up some bromine the next time I was at Wal-Mart. It’s getting that time of year in South Texas when a good soak in the Jacuzzi in the late evening is just plain wonderful. Unless, of course, it’s been a while since said Jacuzzi has had bromine, and ours was nearing the brink.

I went round and round with Siri a few days ago with variations of “Remind me to get bromine next time I’m at Wal-Mart.” Siri had no idea who “Wal-Mart” was, and told me, repeatedly, and in no uncertain terms, that she didn’t understand. So I tried replacing Wal-Mart with names of people on my contact list, and Siri happily set reminders for when I arrived at So-And-So’s house. Hope they have some bromine next time I show up. It then dawned on me that creating a contact for Wal-Mart might do the trick.

No such luck. Or maybe there was such luck, and it just needed two days to arrive. Anyone out there have a clue? Does Siri need time to digest new contact entries in order to be able to retrieve them?

No comments: